We're tiny little people blowing by in the air, wondering how and why. We're on Who: the tiniest planet in the sky!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wow... ya I forgot about that part.....

As many of you know, I joined Mesa High's dive team!! Ya, Josh Lindblom invited me to join a couple days after school started; they were in MAJOR need of more people. So i thought, That sounds really fun! I wanna try it out! So I do....
First day we learn the art of the hurdle. Cool. Simple. Next step is to try it out. Gulp. Actually jump off? Ya when I signed up I must have forgotten how deathly afraid I am of heights and wobbly surfaces. So I give it a go. It's worse than i thought! AH! By the end of the day I sorta got used to it. Unfortunately, I forgot that if you don't make sure all the water is out of your ears, it HURTS!!!!! Ya.... It was out the next morning, but I felt nauseous. A side effect? Mental Note: DON'T FORGET THAT AGAIN!!!!!
I was back up and running the next day, so all was good, right? Uh maybe. It was time to move on. Back jumps. *blood curling shriek* Yes, I had to stand on the edge of the board on the balls of my feet and hop off, constantly worried about falling off and hitting something somewhere. EEK! But guess what! I DIDN'T DIE! Miracle? I think so. Ha ha!
So here I am after about a month: still alive and actually jumping off the death board of my own free will! Of course there have been other obstacles. For instance, inward dives. *shudder* Deceptively easy dives where you're supposed to jump off the board backwards, throw your head froward and hope to make it into the water head first. Hmm. For some reason it's incredibly difficult for me. However, I have recently found out that closing my eyes as I throw eliminates the fear of hitting my head on the board! Wonderful!
Yes, diving is full of surprises. But the adrenaline really keeps me going. =D Fun, fun! I'll try to get pictures! Stay tuned for more updates!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Hahaha! I tried diving my Junior year. It didn't last longer than the backdiving day. The board is just so floppy!!! =)

Holly said...

SARA!!!! what up girl??!! You're so Cute!!! i love you girl! i miss all you guys so much at Taylor!! IT'S A PRISON. YAY i'm so happy i found your blog!!!